It's that time again- The Liebster Award! I have been lucky enough to be nominated twice this year by the lovely Ellis from Ellis Tuesday and gorgeous Lucy from From Lucy With Love.
This is a great way to find new and exciting bloggers in the blogging community whilst finding out a bit about them too. I think everyone should give it a go! Here are the rules:
- You must link back to the person that nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given by the nominee before you.
- You pick nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.
So starting with Ellis' questions...
1. What is the best bargain you have ever found?
Ooh I'd say a vintage suitcase for £5 which I'm using as a prop for my wedding in July!
2. What is your favourite movie?
My mind always goes blank when I get asked this so I'm going to say... The Holiday. Cheesy I know.
3. What was the first makeup item that you bought?
I think it was probably pressed powder. I had oily skin as a teenager! I still do but this was ridiculous..
4. If you could switch with anyone for a day who would it be?
Hmm... Probably Lisa Eldridge. She has such a cool job.
5. What is the most played song on your Ipod?
Apparentyy its Bastille- Of The Night. Did not expect that!
6. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
Barry M every time. Long lasting and love the glitter polishes.
7. Where would you like to live if you could live anywhere in the world?
I'd like to live on the island of Maui for a while but I'd love to settle down somewhere like Dorset. A nice oldy weldy type house with a beautiful garden where I could grow my own veg. Oh I can dream!
8. What celebrity would you most like to be best friends with?
Beyoncé. I bet she's so wise and great for girlfriend talk haha.
9. What is your favourite beauty brand?
Probably Body Shop. I like natural products and their seaweed range works great on my oily skin!
10. What is your favourite book?
One Day by David Nicholls or the Harry Potter series. I'm so cool!
11. You only have £20 to spend on beauty items, what would you buy?
Stuff from Collection 2000 or natural collections to get my moneys worth! Concealer, lipstick, blusher and mascara.
And now onto Lucy's questions!
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I've been a Youtuber for almost two years now which I love to do and that's how I discovered blogs too. I checked out my favourite Youtubers' blogs and felt so inspired I decided to create my own!
2. What are your favourite things about keeping your blog and why?
In a nutshell- I like what I like and I post what I like! It's my own little space to talk about things that interest me and hopefully other people too.
3. Do you watch and /or make YouTube videos? If so, why did you start/who is your favourite YouTuber?
Kind of a giveaway from question 1, yes I do make videos as well as watching them. I started by watching Youtubers like Lisa Eldridge who is one of my idols and a lovely channel called Lookastar13 who has some great videos on hair! From there I discovered lots of other "beauty gurus" and again felt inspired to make my own videos!
4. What are your 'top 5' all time favourite make up products?
I would have to say... Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 103, Body Shop Hemp hand cream, Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara. I'm a drugstore loverrrrrrrr..
5. Who is your style icon and why?
I would have to say Lily Melrose from the blog LLYMLRS which may sound cheesy as she's a blogger but I don't care! She always looks stylish in a smart casual grunge kinda way. Love the dresses and boots but also love the band tees too!
6. Who is your current favourite blogger and why?
I'd say that would be.. Sprinkle of Glitter! She's so inspiring and motivating and really cheers me up when I'm feeling crap. I'm new to her blog and me laaarves it!
7. What do you do to find inspiration for your blog?
Look at other bloggers photographs if I'm completely honest! I love blogs with lots of photo content and I've just recently got a fancy new camera so they give me ideas on composition, lighting etc.
8. Describe your perfect Sunday...
Breakfast in bed consisting of poached eggs on toast and tea, a good box set, knitting, warm cosy winter food, a hot bubble bath with candles and ofcourse- a glass of wine ;-). Ahhh bliss!
9. What are your goals for 2014, blogging or otherwise!
I did a blog post on this back in January but from memory I want to: blog on a regular basis (so far so good), make youtube videos on a regular basis (going okay), loose weight and be content with the way I am (going good!), not give a f*ck what people think of me (working on it) aaaaand... I dunno, be happy I guess!
10. What are your top three high-street clothes stores?
Easy! Ranking highest will always be Topshop, then Miss Selfridge aaaaand then probably Primark!
11. What is your guilty pleasure?
Don't judge me okay... Chinese beef curry and egg friend rice. In my pyjamas... on a Saturday night...Sometimes it just has to be done! Chris still loves me so it's fiiiine!
So those are my questions answered. Now onto my nominations!
- Natalie from http://www.tallienat.blogspot.com/ @TallieNat
- Kirsty from http://www.face4theradio.co.uk/ @Face4_TheRadio
11 Questions For My Nominees
- What made you start up your own blog?
- What is your go-to beauty product and why?
- Can you describe your style in three words?
- How would you sum up what your blog is about?
- What's your favourite thing in your wardrobe?
- What products do you use for a pamper session?
- What's your top beauty / fashion tip?
- How many lipsticks do you own?
- What inspires you?
- What's your favourite foodie treat?
- What do you do on a bad hair day?
I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more abou me and make sure you check out my nominees and the bloggers who nominated me!