This year I thought I'd share with you some thoughtful gift ideas I think are perfect for the mothership in our life, with various price points- starting with a bunch of flowers.
Daffodils are a perfect flower to symbolise spring and the sunnier days to come. My mum personally loves a bunch of daffs and at £1 from Tesco they are thrifty as well as thoughtful. (Or if you're really cheap like my sister at age 5 you'll pick them from someone's garden and hand them to mum with roots and all!)
Adding a touch of ribbon or raffia ribbon makes them all the more prettier. You can always style up your gift by adding a pretty vase or jug for your mum to sit them in.
If your mum is a bit of a magpie, shiny things are always a winner and I particularly adore independent jeweller Victoria's shop The Old Farmhouse Jewellery .
At just £10 this sterling silver beauty is the perfect little gift for Mother's Day and is guaranteed to bring a smile to your mama's face. This dainty piece comes on an 18 inch chain and the flower detail makes it the perfect piece for spring.
Sticking with a spring theme and the Great British outdoors, I am loving Rex London's bicycle accessories!!
Rex London has the perfect bicycle accessories for spring and make a lovely gift for a cycling mama! The retro tulip print bell and seat cover are pretty and practical in the rain and to let people know you're pedalling past. The Velo range also offers pretty practicality with this darling water bottle and bike lights.
If biking isn't your mum's thing, there are plenty of other gifts available in the Mother's Day section.
Now onto the all important giveaway...
I've teamed up with CLC World to bring you the CLC World Travel Centre Competition, giving you the chance of winning a £25 M&S gift card to treat your lovely Mum to this Mother's Day. They're based over in Milton Keynes and the most amazing destinations to travel to with places such as Orlando, Costa Del Sol and the Agean Coast.
To enter, all you need to do is write in the comments which CLC World resort you would most like to visit and head over to Twitter and follow @shesagentry and @clcworld . Once you've done that, log in to rafflecopter to record your entry. The winner will be announced on Sunday 26th March- good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I hope some of these gifts are helpful if you're stuck for mother's day gift inspiration.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of CLC World, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The competition opens at 9am on Sunday 12th March and ends at midnight on Saturday 25th March . Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, duplicated or which contain profanity will not be valid and deemed void.
- To enter, applicants must [state which CLC World resort they would most like to visit], either by commenting on the competition post here: http://www.shesagentry.com/2017/03/mothers-day-gift-guide-and-giveaway.html , which is listed on the blog, She’s a Gentry, as well as following @shesagentry and @clcworld on Twitter.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated and comprises of one M&S £25 gift card to be awarded to one winner. The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- Prizes will be posted to the winner within 7 days of receipt of their postage details.
- The winner will be announced by social media on the Sunday 26th March.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by She’s a Gentry and/or CLC World, relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material [enter date].
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be reached within 7 days of being notified of their win, or they are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing/via online correspondence to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.